The drop-in has been a safe place, a place to call home, for street-involved and homeless youth, ages 16-24. Like any home, the centre offered daily meals, showers, laundry facilities, and access to other basics like clothing and socks to the youth who came through our door.
Despite not having a permanent address, ARK continues to be a community where youth are valued, respected and encouraged to thrive. We walk alongside people, building relationships that allow us to provide:
- help accessing vital services in the community, such as legal advice, health and dental care, addiction services, mental health support, education, employment, and housing options
- individual support ranging from meeting basic needs to walking along side people as they pursue their passions, whether they are artists, entrepreneurs, or students
- assistance accessing emergency shelter and finding long-term housing, providing support as new accommodations turn into homes
- support through the court system and in correctional facilities
- networking with other outreaches in our community, regionally, and nationally
Homeless youth from across Canada have been part of our community for over 25 years and continue to be our primary focus.