ARK continues to be a community where its members are valued, respected and encouraged to thrive. We are currently on Sebastian Street, in the north end, renting space in a community commons. We walk alongside families and individuals, building relationships that together allow us to provide outreach, and support:
- help accessing vital services in the community, such as legal advice, health and dental care, addiction services, mental health support, education, employment, and housing options
- individual support ranging from meeting basic needs to walking along side people as they pursue their passions, whether they are artists, entrepreneurs, or students
- assistance accessing emergency shelter and finding long-term housing, providing support as new accommodations turn into homes
- support through the court system and in correctional facilities
- networking with other outreaches in our community, regionally, and nationally
Homeless youth from across Canada have been part of our community for over 25 years.
Ark’s community is listening to each other to pursue the possibilities in what has changed and what is growing; we respect and hold the value of what each person brings.
We welcome you to continue alongside us.
– Bethany, Dorothy and Beth