ARK depends on donations from many generous individuals, churches and various community groups in our area – we receive no government funding. We invite you to be part of our community by committing to support ARK’s core funding needs in the following ways:
By giving monthly or with a one-time donation:
Donations of $20 or more will be receipted annually.
You can do so by mailing a cheque (payable to Ark) or online: DONATE NOW
By joining us for the Coldest Night of the Year, our yearly fundraiser. It is a 5 or 10 kilometre walk in February to raise money for Ark, we seek to support those who live with the realities of life without safe shelter.
If you have any questions about the process, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
items to donate
- Food: peanut butter, coffee, sugar, butter, pasta noodles, rice, pasta sauce, cans of soup and beans, tomatoes, ketchup, coffee, salad dressing, mayonnaise, granola bars, cereal
- Personal care: razors, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, shaving cream, tampons/pads, vitamins (B’s, C, multi), diapers (all sizes), pull-ups
- Adult clothing: new boxers/underwear, socks (both wool and cotton), dark coloured t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, pants, rain gear, coats, toques, long-johns, undershirts
- Children’s clothing: please contact us
- Outdoor gear: blankets, sleeping bags, tarps, backpacks, good quality footwear (i.e. running shoes, combat boots, hiking boots)
- Other necessities: bus tickets, gift cards (i.e. Tim Horton’s, Subway, Sobeys, Walmart, Superstore), batteries
- Furniture: please contact us
- Kitchenware: please contact us
Please call us if you have something that isn’t on this list — we can probably find someone who can use it!
Wondering where to bring a donation? It’s best to give us a call.