ARK depends on donations from many giving individuals, churches and various community groups in our area–we receive no government funding. We invite you to be part of our community of support:
By monthly giving: Join others in faithfully supporting ARK’s core funding needs each month. It is easy to set up (just send us a void cheque) and a great way to maintain our monthly budget needs. We would welcome your commitment to support our core funding each month. Questions? Contact Us.
By giving a one-time donation: Cash and cheque donations can be mailed to the below address. Please make cheques payable to ARK and include your current mailing address. Donations of $20 or more will be receipted annually.
By credit card: Visit www.canadahelps.org to donate to ARK (Halifax). There you will find our profile and the simple steps you can take to donate. A tax receipt will be emailed to you by Canada Helps.
By joining us for the Coldest Night of the Year. The Coldest Night of the Year is our yearly fundraiser. It is a 5 or 10 kilometre walk in February to raise money for Ark, we seek to support those who live with the realities of life without safe shelter.
items to donate
- Food: peanut butter, coffee, sugar, butter, pasta noodles, rice, pasta sauce, cans of soup and beans, tomatoes, ketchup, coffee, salad dressing, mayonnaise, granola bars, cereal
- Personal care: razors, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, shaving cream, tampons/pads, vitamins (B’s, C, multi), diapers (all sizes), pull-ups
- Adult clothing: new boxers/underwear, socks (both wool and cotton), dark coloured t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, pants, rain gear, coats, toques, long-johns, undershirts
- Children’s clothing: please contact us
- Outdoor gear: blankets, sleeping bags, tarps, backpacks, good quality footwear (i.e. running shoes, combat boots, hiking boots)
- Other necessities: bus tickets, gift cards (i.e. Tim Horton’s, Subway, Sobeys, Walmart, Superstore), batteries
- Furniture: please contact us
- Kitchenware: please contact us
Please call us if you have something that isn’t on this list — we can probably find someone who can use it!
Wondering where to bring a donation? It’s best to give us a call.