ARK depends on donations from many giving individuals, churches and various community groups in our area–we receive no government funding. We invite you to be part of our community of support:
By monthly giving: Join others in faithfully supporting ARK’s core funding needs each month. It is easy to set up (just send us a void cheque) and a great way to maintain our monthly budget needs. We would welcome your commitment to support our core funding each month. Questions? Contact Us.
By giving a one-time donation: Cash and cheque donations can be mailed to the below address. Please make cheques payable to ARK and include your current mailing address. Donations of $20 or more will be receipted annually.
By credit card: Visit www.canadahelps.org to donate to ARK (Halifax). There you will find our profile and the simple steps you can take to donate. A tax receipt will be emailed to you by Canada Helps.
By joining us for the Coldest Night of the Year. The Coldest Night of the Year is our yearly fundraiser. It is a 5 or 10 kilometre walk in February to raise money for Ark, we seek to support those who live with the realities of life without safe shelter.
Interested in volunteering? Each week the Sunday Supper is served and shared with the help of many hands. If you are interested in being present and learning along with our community please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Items to Donate
Please hold on to items to donate for ARK’s drop-in until Fall 2017.
We will not be accepting items from the list below through the summer months.
Contact email@example.com if you have something that would be used at the Sunday Suppers.
- Food items: peanut butter, juice—crystals, frozen, canned, coffee, sugar, butter, pasta noodles, rice, pasta sauce, cans of soup and beans, tomatoes, ketchup, coffee, salad dressing, mayonnaise, granola bars, cereal
- Personal care items: razors, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, shaving cream, tampons/pads, toilet paper, vitamins (B’s, C, multi)
- Clothing Donations: new boxers/underwear, socks (both wool and cotton), dark coloured t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, pants, rain gear, coats, toques, long-johns, undershirts.
- Outdoor gear: blankets, sleeping bags, tarps, backpacks good quality footwear – running shoes, combat boots, hiking boots
- Goods for our four-legged friends: dog food, leashes, collars
- And we can always use: bus tickets, grocery vouchers, Tim Horton’s coupons, clean containers, water bottles, batteries, books for our library, art supplies
Please call us if you have something you think we might be forgetting on this list—we can probably use it!
Wondering where to bring a donation? It’s best to give us a call.